10 Home Office Hacks to Get You Organized Now
June 7, 2019
Working from home sounds great — unless your home office is a disaster. Follow these 10 simple tips to help get your home office organized now!
1. Purge Paper. It’s easy to let papers pile up in your home office. Get control of the clutter before it takes over your space. Go through every piece of paper in your office by using the System of Three: shred/toss it, file it or take action from it. File your important paperwork in a color-coded filing system.
- Green – Financial
- Red – Medical
- Orange – Personal
- Yellow – Insurance
- Blue – House
3. Create a Mail Station. In order to maintain control of the paper coming into the home office, create a mail station. Make a folder for incoming and outgoing mail, mail to file, bills and a folder for every family member.
6. Use a Label Maker. Invest in a good label maker and label your files, drawers and boxes for an easy way to organize your office. Whenever someone needs something, you will know exactly where it is.
- Stickies (sticky notes, tabs, stickers, etc.)
- Tools (straight cutter, staple, staple remover, hole puncher)
- Budget (checkbook, calculator, bill calendar)
- Writing Tools (markers, pens, pencils)
- Mail (envelopes, stamps, address labels)
- Labeling (labeler and label tape)